Tasks and Functions of BNPB
- Provide guidance and direction on disaster management efforts, which include disaster prevention, emergency response, rehabilitation and reconstruction in a fair and equal manner;
- Establish standardization and implementation needs for disaster management, based on legislation;
- Delivering information on disaster management activities to the community;
- Report the implementation of disaster management to the President every once a month in normal conditions and at all times in disaster emergency conditions;
- Utilize and hold responsible for national and international donations/assistance;
- Responsible for budget use that received from State Budget;
- Implementing other obligations in accordance with laws and regulations; and
- Composing guidelines for the establishment of Regional Disaster Management Agencies.
Formulating and establishing disaster management and refugee handling policies, by acting quick, precise, effective, and efficient; and Coordinating the implementation of disaster management activities in a planned, integrated and comprehensive manner.